The Assessment Manager is able to consider all submissions received before the application is decided. However, submitters of "properly made" submissions only, can appeal against Council's decision through the Planning and Environment Court once the application has been decided.
In order for a submission to be a "properly made" submission under the Planning Act 2016, the submission must:
- be lodged with Council as the Assessment Manager, or Responsible Entity (ie for a Change Application);
- be received before the end of the last day of the Comment Period for an application;
- be made electronically via email or in writing, and signed by each person making the submission;
- state the name and residential address of the person or persons lodging the submission; and
- state the grounds, facts and circumstances relied on to support the grounds of the submission.
Council requests that you also reference the Application Number, which is displayed on the public notification material, within your submission, to ensure that the submission quickly reaches the relevant Planning Officer assessing the application. Submissions can be lodged with Council by:
Post: Western Downs Regional Council
PO Box 551
DALBY QLD 4405
For additional guidance regarding lodging a submission, please refer to the Having Your Say On A Development Application Fact Sheet which can be accessed on the Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Local Government and Planning via the link below:
Having Your Say On A Development Approval