It's the People That Make It
When you ask locals and visitors what makes the Western Downs region so special, the answer is usually the same:
It's the people that make it.
In 2020 Western Downs Regional Council embarked in a bold initiative to consult with industry, stakeholders, residents and visitors across the region to discover what they think makes it a great place.
The results overwhelmingly pointed to one conclusion, that even a region rich and diverse in spectacular natural attractions and unique experiences, it’s the people that they fall in love with.
Expert consultants worked carefully to create an identity and a brand which captures the qualities of the people of Western Downs:
Spirited | Charming | Down to earth | Outdoorsy | Hard working
At the centre of this campaign is an understanding that it’s the locals, the businesses, event committees and community organisations that make the Western Downs a vibrant and attractive place to visit and therefore they deserve some ownership of this new tourism brand. Western Downs Regional Council works with and supports our businesses and groups to be involved with this brand.
Western Downs Locals:
- Be a positive voice for tourism and staycations in the Western Downs
- Become familiar with the tourist attractions across the whole region
- Encourage local pride and engage with the brand
- Encourage participation in local experiences with locals and visiting friends and family
Western Downs Businesses:
- Displaying new branding in businesses (stickers, flyers)
- Adding the new branding and tagline in marketing materials
- Encouraging local pride by engaging with the brand
- Creating memorable experiences for visitors
For more information about how your business or group can get involved, contact us!