Western Downs Regional Council is a strong advocate for volunteerism and is proud of the volunteering culture present within the community.
Volunteers have such a big impact in their communities, society and overall they contribute a global effort in making a difference in the world.
Volunteering is about making a difference in your community however there are also great personal benefits.
Volunteering gives offers the following benefits to the person:
- Act on your values, passions and interests
- Make new friendships and create professional networks
- Gain work experience and learn new skills
- Enjoy new social and cultural experiences
- Develop personally and build confidence
- Enjoy better physical and mental health as studies show volunteering makes us healthier and happier
- Challenge yourself in a supportive environment
- Help your community
- Have fun!
Council offers a variety of volunteering opportunities at multiple locations including Chinchilla, Dalby, Jandowae, Miles, Tara and Wandoan. You can volunteer across a number of roles such as:
- Visitor Information Centers
- Dogwood Crossing, Miles
- Major Events
Keen to be part of an exciting volunteering opportunity? Find out more through our online volunteering portal.
Browse volunteering opportunities