Western Downs Regional Council is a strong advocate for volunteerism and is proud of the volunteering culture present within the community.
Volunteers make such a big impact on their communities, society and contribute to an overall global effort in making a difference in this world.
Benefits - Why volunteer?
Volunteering is about making a difference in your community however there are also great personal benefits.
Volunteering offers the following benefits to the person:
- Act on your values, passions and interests
- Make new friendships and create professional networks
- Gain work experience and learn new skills
- Enjoy new social and cultural experiences
- Develop personally and build confidence
- Enjoy better physical and mental health as studies show volunteering makes us healthier and happier
- Challenge yourself in a supportive environment
- Help your community
- Have fun!
Council offers a variety of volunteering opportunities at multiple locations including Chinchilla, Dalby, Jandowae, Miles, Tara and Wandoan. You can volunteer across a number of areas such as:
- Regional Visitor Information Centers
- Regional Libraries
- Miles Dogwood Crossing Art Gallery
- Chinchilla Botanic Parklands
- Dalby Saleyards
Keen to be part of an exciting volunteering community? Find out more through our online volunteering portal.
Browse volunteering opportunities
Volunteers make a significant contribution to the delivery of regional festivals and major events.
Western Downs Regional Council (WDRC) has developed a volunteer database for our Regional Event Committee's to call on volunteers to fill roles at their events.
Example roles include:
- Gate / Ticket Sales
- Event Information / Tours
- Camping & Parking Logistics
- Market Stall Assistance
- Food & Beverage Services
- Sound & Lighting
If you think you’ve got what it takes, apply today! We will store your details on our volunteer’s database and contact you in the lead up to each event.
Browse Major Event Volunteering Opportunities