Am I eligible for a Community Grant?
All organisations applying for funding should read the specific program guidelines to confirm eligibility under each program. Unless otherwise stated under the individual program, all organisations applying must meet the following criteria:
- Be community based, non-profit incorporated organisation based within the boundaries of Western Downs Regional Council area.
- An unincorporated organisation auspiced by an incorporated body within the Western Downs Regional Council area. An auspicing agreement form must be completed and attached to the application.
- Where the organisation is an unincorporated local member/branch of a registered charity or other organisation, they must be affiliated with an incorporated state body.
- The applicant must meet the specific eligibility criteria of the funding program as set out in the guidelines.
- Organisations must contribute financially and/or in-kind to the overall project costs. A higher assessment weighting will be given to those groups who financially contribute towards the project.
- Applications for projects/events commencing prior to the notification of the outcome of the funding round will not be eligible for consideration in the funding round.
- Consideration will be given to those organisations based outside of the Western Downs Regional Council boundaries where the project/event is being undertaken within the boundaries of the Western Downs Regional Council area.
Individuals may apply under the Individual Excellence Program and Regional Arts Development Fund.
Please read the criteria under these programs for full eligibility requirements.
Community Grants Policy(PDF, 251KB)
Community Grants Guidelines(PDF, 461KB)