Local Events Program
Support for local social, cultural and sporting events that celebrate our unique experiences, what is great about our region, achieve regional participation, connect our community and activate our parks, open spaces and community facilities.
View the Factsheet(PDF, 98KB)
The Local Events Program supports organisations to undertake activities or programs that contribute to one or more of the following:
- Support active, vibrant communities
- Support safe, connected communities
- Encourage partnerships and collaboration between community groups
- Promote participation in sport, recreation or community volunteerism
- Contribute to the local and regional economy
- Demonstrate sound event management principles and planning
Specific Program Guidelines:
Funding is available in three categories. Your funding request must not exceed the amount available in the appropriate category. If you are unsure which category your event falls in, please contact the Grants team for assistance:
- Local Event – An event attracting an attendance of up to 500 people and of interest to a local community or a small segment of the region. Up to $500.00 is available in this category.
- Regional Event – An event attracting an attendance between 500 to 2000 people with the potential to attract attendees from across the Western Downs region and neighbouring regions and provide reasonable economic and social benefits to the region. This category includes funding for Race Days (eg. Horse, Camel, Yabbie). Up to $2,000.00 cash and $2,000.00 In Kind is available in this category.
- Significant Event – A large scale event potentially running longer than one day and typically involving in excess of 2000 people. These events have the potential to attract substantial visitors from outside the regional area and provide substantial economic and social benefits to the region. This category includes funding for:
If you are requesting an amount over $5,000.00, you must provide a full event proposal outlining the significance of your event (Event Plan Template(PDF, 91KB)).
A lower priority will be given to events that intend to gift profits to a charity. If funds are granted, the organisation will be required to retain an amount at least equal to the Council grant amount which is to be directed towards the running of the next event. Council will not fund these events on a recurrent basis.
Start your application now