Destination Events Program
The aim of the Destination Events Program is to support social, cultural, industry and sporting events for the purpose of attracting overnight visitation and delivering economic benefits to the Western Downs Region through increased expenditure.
We optimise tourism opportunities, unique experiences and major events.
The Destination Events Program supports events that:
- Promote tourism and attracts overnight visitation to the Western Downs region
- Provide economic benefits through local spend and increased visitor expenditure
- Are aligned with the character and culture of the Western Downs Region
- Demonstrates sound organisational planning
Specific Program Guidelines:
- A large-scale event potentially running longer than one day and typically involving in excess of 2,000 people.
- Have the potential to attract substantial visitors from outside the regional area and provide substantial economic and social benefits to the region.
- The concept for the event aligns with the character and culture of the local area.
- This category includes funding for:
- New cultural / arts / music / food festivals
- Major sporting events / fixtures
- Industry expos and shows
- Boutique themed destination events
- New destination-driven elements of existing regional major events
- There is an event management plan including the detailing of the event site and risk management.
- Demonstrated capability to deliver and market the event.
- Commercial organisations are eligible to apply for funds under this program.
Applications from $5,000.00 to $20,000.00 are available in this category made up of cash.
All applications must provide a full event proposal outlining the significance of your event (Event Plan Template(PDF, 91KB)).
Your funding request must not exceed the amount available in this category.
Start your application now