Community Projects Program
Projects that support equipment purchases, capital infrastructure, upgrading of facilities to meet standards, regulations and community expectations, meet changing community needs, and/or increase facility usage.
View the Factsheet(PDF, 77KB)
The Community Projects Program supports organisations to undertake projects that contribute to one or more of the following:
- Contribute to valued recreational spaces, sporting and community facilities
- Contribute to well utilised community facilities that connect people
- Support volunteerism
- Support active, vibrant communities
- Support safe, connected communities
Specific Program Guidelines:
- Community organisations that manage Council owned facilities must submit with their application written approval from Council’s Facilities Department regarding the proposed project if it directly or indirectly relates to the facility.
- Local Showground management committees and individual representatives of those committees are required to contribute a minimum 50% financial contribution to the total project cost. Total project costs exclude in-kind contributions of the organisation.
- Applications for equipment or materials that are solely for administrative purposes are not eligible.
- Applications for uniforms for individuals or teams are not eligible.
- Applicants must attach at least two comparable quotes from local businesses for the required products.
- Applications for recurrent projects are not eligible.
- Council funds cannot be requested for the payment of consumables or for salaries and wages.
Start your application now