Community Activation Program
Applications are currently closed for the remainder of this financial year.
Assistance to community, sport and recreation organisations to make a positive contribution to active, vibrant communities in the Western Downs through capacity building, encouraging partnerships, long-term planning, good governance and self-sufficiency.
View the Factsheet(PDF, 166KB)
The Community Activation Program supports organisations to undertake activities or programs that contribute to one or more of the following:
- Support volunteerism
- Support active, vibrant communities
- Support safe, connected communities
- Promotes and develops skill building for community organisations
- Encourages partnerships and collaboration between community groups
- Encourages innovative learning and capacity building opportunities
- Promote participation in sport, recreation or community volunteerism
Specific Program Guidelines:
- Council funds cannot be requested for the payment of salaries and wages of staff members.