UPDATE - Advice current as at Thursday 1 February 2024
- Waste collection services to some properties at Westmar, Flinton, and some properties between Meandarra and Westmar are unable to be services today as scheduled due to road conditions. Affected residents are advised to leave their bins out until access resumes.
- The Bunya Mountains Mountain Bike Trails remain closed until further notice.
- The Jandowae pool remains closed.
UPDATE - Advice current as at Wednesday 31 January 2024
- Waste collection services in Chinchilla have resumed, and scheduled runs unable to be completed on 30 January have now been completed.
- The Winfields Road Landfill in Jandowae has reopened to the public with regular operating hours.
- The Bunya Mountains Mountain Bike Trails remain closed.
- The Jandowae Pool remains closed.
- The Tara QGAP Office has reopened to the public.
Advice current as at 11:00am, Tuesday 30 January 2024. Advice will be updated as information becomes available.
Please be advised that the following Council services and facilities have been affected by the current rain event:
- Waste Collection Services, Chinchilla
- Some scheduled collections of both general waste and recycling in the Chinchilla area are unable to be completed. Affected residents are advised to leave their bins on the kerb for collection once the trucks are able to resume their rounds.
- Winfields Road Landfill, Jandowae
- The landfill site is currently inaccessible to staff, and is closed until further notice. Residents will be advised once the facility is open to the public.
- Bunya Mountains Mountain Bike Trails
- The mountain bike trails are currently closed to riders due to heavy rain in the area. The site will reopen once safety inspections have been completed after the current weather event has subsided, and the public will be advised when the trails reopen.
- Jandowae Pool
- Jandowae pool is currently closed due to localised flooding. Residents will be advised once the facility has reopened to the public.
- Tara QGAP Office
- The Tara QGAP Office will be closed on 30 January due to staff unavailability caused by the current rain event.
For information on weather conditions and road closures across the region please refer to the Disaster Dashboard.
For any further enquiries please call 1300 COUNCIL.