Tara: Tara Lagoon Parklands
- Project typeOutdoor Camping and Recreation
- Project scheduleProject Completed
- Completion Date17 December 2021
Located on the edge of town, Tara Lagoon is part of Undulla Creek and host to a serene camping ground with great facilities and powered sites. A pathway along the water’s edge provides a tranquil walking or cycling track and ample opportunity to enjoy the impressive native parrots and birdlife that collect in the eucalypts.
Over time, the Tara Lagoon has become a much-loved space in the community and for travellers visiting the region. As part of Council's COVID-19 Recovery Package, Council is delivering a major revitalisation of the area to boost tourism opportunities and enhance the lifestyle and liveability of the Tara community.
The upgrade also complements earlier upgrades delivered by the Tara Futures Group.
- 850m of concrete footpath
- Water bubblers throughout
- Bitumen seal to existing roads
- New bitumen roads
- Vehicle bollarding
- Designated powered RV campsites
- Fire pits
- Picnic settings and shelters
- Solar lighting along pathways and shelters
- Grassed seating retaining wall
- BBQ areas with seating and shelter
- New amenities with toilets, showers and disabled access
- 150m boardwalk over water with viewing platform and seating
Project Status: Completed
May 2020 - Funding secured
Council secured funding for the project under the Queensland Government's Building our Regions Program
December 2020 - Landscaping and Building contracts awarded
Boyds Bay Group and New State Builders were awarded the landscaping and building tender for the project
December 2020 - Preliminary construction commenced
Some preliminary footpath works completed ahead of major construction activities
December 2021 - Works Completed
Project Start Date:
- Construction commenced October 2020
This project is jointly funded by Council and the Queensland Government’s Building our Regions (BoR) Program.
Tara Lagoon Parklands, Tara 4421 View Map