Miles: CBD Streetscape Revitalisation
- Project typeCBD Streetscape
- Project scheduleProject Completed
- Completion Date02 July 2022
Western Downs Regional Council has delivered a revitalisation of the Miles CBD Streetscape as part of Council's COVID-19 Recovery Package, securing and creating jobs and enhancing the liveability of the region.
The project has transformed the CBD into a vibrant, welcoming space, activating the streetscape and encouraging people to slow down, stop, visit and stay longer.
A community action plan was also developed as part of the project in partnership with the local community to support and guide future activation of the area.
- Village feel and scale
- RV friendly
- Feature lighting
- Outdoor dining opportunities
- Street tables and stools
- Colourful landscaping
- Service lane to access 'front in' parking
- Improved pedestrian linkages
- Interpretive elements such as a 'Wall of Greats', the Union long bar, cow and murray cod sculptures
Project Status: Complete
Project Start Date:
Construction commenced October 2021
The project was completed in June 2022
Bellwether Contractors Pty Ltd endorsed by Council to undertake construction following tender process
Detailed Designs unveiled by Council
Streetscape officially opened by Mayor Paul McVeigh
The project was jointly funded by Western Downs Regional Council and the Federal Government's Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program.
Miles, Miles 4415 View Map