World Entrepreneurs Day

Join us at the Dalby Event Centre, Wednesday 21 August and be inspired on World Entrepreneurs Day.

You’ll learn how innovation, leadership and technology can improve your business from our keynote speaker Katherine Sampson.

Explore ‘lessons learned’ through a Q&A session from businesses in the Western Downs who are taking the lead in trying new ideas to expand their businesses.

Although this is a FREE event, registration is required for catering purposes via weday2019.eventbrite.com

Date:      Wednesday, 21 August 2019
Time:      2.30pm-5pm
Venue:   Dalby Event Centre, 59 Nicholson Street, Dalby

Keynote Speaker:

 

 

 

 

 

Katherine Sampson, Healthy Habits Franchise

Katherine Sampson will share her journey from a small business idea to the creation of a successful international franchise.

Leaving school at 16, marrying at 18 and having her first child at 25, she had no aspirations for a career outside of the home. In 1992 she decided to create a future for her family and bought a rundown sandwich bar in Knox City Shopping Centre.

She worked hard, upgrading and renaming the store Healthy Habits.In 2004 Katherine took the next step and started the Healthy Habits franchise. 41 stores were opened in Victoria, Canberra, New South Wales, Queensland and Christchurch New Zealand. In 2009 Katherine sold 80% of her business to the Dymocks Group and in 2012, the remaining 20%.

Katherine’s honest and raw presentation is unique and perfect for those stepping into the ‘unknown.’

 

Q&A Panel Members:

 

Karen Penfold, Four Daughters

Karen Penfold, her husband Dan and four daughters Bonnie, Molly, Jemima and Matilda have been expanding their feedlot business to include a direct  market into Wuhan, China.

The need to be continually innovative in business to remain competitive, and to ensure generational sustainability is the vision shared by the family.

Emma Bowdler, Bowdler Tax 

Fast paced and passionate is the best way to describe Western Downs business woman and Mum of four, Emma Bowdler.After acquiring and successfully growing several businesses in diverse industries both domestically and internationally over the last 13 years, Emma has found true entrepreneurial spirit and passion in assisting women in business, reaffirming their belief in themselves that they can have a productive and rewarding work-life balance.

Stepping outside the mould of the typical ‘accountant’, Emma’s energy and genuine desire to see other women succeed, whilst juggling her own family and life commitments, solidifies her as a fantastic mentor and business contributor.

 

 

Pat O’Brien, DOM Distribution

Throughout his successful 20-year career, Pat has been involved numerous ventures on the Western Downs ranging from real estate and agricultural property investments, business mergers and acquisitions to domestic and international machinery, goods and equipment distribution.

Since acquiring the original Dalby Outdoor Machinery (DOM) business in 2004, Pat has grown DOM Distribution’s international machinery, goods and equipment import and export capabilities to China, South East Asia, North America, Europe and Africa.

Having grown up on his diversified family farming enterprise outside of Dalby, Pat has always been passionate about the success of the region’s economy and keeping the heart of DOM Distribution’s operations local.