Page menu

Who to Notify After a Death

There are a range of people and organisations that need to know about a person’s death. This will help to finalise the deceased person’s affairs and ensure you can access further community help and support that you may need.

Some examples are:-

  • Centrelink and/or Veteran’s Affairs
  • Banks and other financial institutions
  • Employers
  • Home Care Nursing Services e.g Meals on Wheels
  • Insurers (including life and superannuation funds)
  • Australian Tax Office
  • Solicitor or Public Trustee
  • Executor of will
  • Health Fund and Medicare
  • Landlord
  • Utilities (phone, gas, electricity etc)


Further information can be accessed through the Department of Human Services website.